Sal The Silly Goose
11.23.2004
|
  Stop and Smell the Roses A while ago in English class, My Yocum told us an interesting story. Percy Shelly, the famous British author, died an unfortunate death by drowning. When they found his body they could not immediatly identify it. They finally were able to identify the body by using what they found in his pockets- his two favorite books. I got to thinking, but couldn't really decide what I would have in my pockets that people could use to identify me. So, I decided to give it a Thanksgiving twist. What would you want people to know you were thankful for in your life if you were to suddenly cease to exist?

We all have tons to be thankful for in our life, but rarely do we get or take the time to recognize nice these blessings. Luckily, I had the oppurtunity to realize this on retreat and now tend to take a bit more time to be thankful. Now, its the time of the year where most Americans take time to step back and be thankful. But have you ever really done this on Thanksgiving? Make it your goal this year to be truly thankful for every gift in your life. We have a lot.

So, what is it that I'm thankful for? Too much to be counted, but I'll give you some insight.

I'm thankful for your comments.

Thats what I've got, what about you? I'm thankful for Thanksgiving.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!



 


<< Home
Where is the Watch the Lamb, you ask? I don't really know. Maybe he will return fro Lent next year. For now, we have Sal the Silly Goose to keep us company. Put your hands to together for him and give him a warm welcome.
Look at all the Blogs!
Be sure to visit these blogs!

Theresa's Blog

Greg's Blog

Phil's Blog

Julie's Blog

Justin's Blog

Teresa's Blog

Old Blogs
If you missed a blog, come find it here!
07.2004 / 08.2004 / 09.2004 / 10.2004 / 11.2004 / 12.2004 / 01.2005 /


Powered by Blogger