Sal The Silly Goose
10.16.2004
|
  Wind Sucks. I'm going to let you in on a little secret I learned this weekend, wind sucks. UIUC is located in a place where hills are non-existant. Where there are no hills, there is nothing to stop the wind. And when the wind never stops, it is really freaking cold. Remember to thank the hills in Louisville next time you see one. They do more than you think. This revelation really set in as I stood for 3 hours while watching the UIUC football team play Michigan. The first of the game, very much like the UofL game, was excellent. Lots of good plays and a lot of solid football. But then they didn't come to play in the 2nd half. Michigan came back in the second to win the game 30-19. The game, even with a loss and the cold, was lots of fun. The Illini fans know how to have a good time even though there team isn't the greatest.

The whole weekend was lots of fun. I did leanr I'm not very good at sitting on my ass though. I hate sitting around knowing I could be doing something useful. Useful in a very broad sense of the word. But it was nice to have a change of pace and surrounding. On the ride up to Urbana-Champaign I listened to the CD's I burned the night before. A song I really recommend you listen to (suggested to me by Justin) is New Slang by The Shins. The ride up went by fairly quickly. We arrived and is was cold jsut like I thought it would be. So, then Dad left and we sat around and chatter til dinner time. We met up with two of my borthers friends and got some food. That night we just stayed in and watched the Louisville/Miami game. What a letdown. On Friday, we played some baseball and went to a party. On Saturday, we went to the footballl game and threw an impromptu party in my borthers dorm and just chilled. It was a very relaxing, fun weekend.

On Sunday, The Jags beat the Chiefs and I got my a Fighting Illini hat. And the ride home was really long. Not much else to say. Hope everyone had a good weekend.

 


<< Home
Where is the Watch the Lamb, you ask? I don't really know. Maybe he will return fro Lent next year. For now, we have Sal the Silly Goose to keep us company. Put your hands to together for him and give him a warm welcome.
Look at all the Blogs!
Be sure to visit these blogs!

Theresa's Blog

Greg's Blog

Phil's Blog

Julie's Blog

Justin's Blog

Teresa's Blog

Old Blogs
If you missed a blog, come find it here!
07.2004 / 08.2004 / 09.2004 / 10.2004 / 11.2004 / 12.2004 / 01.2005 /


Powered by Blogger