Sal The Silly Goose
10.13.2004
|
  Round Here The week is over! Hooray for that. I'm sitting here after I decided not to go see Donnie Darko becasue I needed to get some stuff done. Not getting stuff done, probably should have gone. Oh well, maybe I'll eventually get down to business. I thought I would write a blog and bring my readers up to date on the happenings in my life.

Today, we got to take the PSAT. It was as I thought it would be. Math was pretty straightforward, but the reading comprehension was difficult. It didn't help that the passages were very hard to read. Who knows how I did though, everyone seemed to think it was pretty hard. After the PSAT, we were let out of school and we get the rest of the week off. I think we deserve a break. As most know, I'm headed up to Urbana-Champaign for the long weekend. I plan to take it easy and have no worries for a weekend. Not having to make plans to do stuff makes life so much easier. I guess I'll get a head start on aquainting myself with cold weather, too. We are going to watch the UofI/Michigan football game on Saturday, so that should be fun. Who knows what else the weekend has in store. We'll just have to wait and see. I am planning to make some CD's for the way up there if I ever get around to it. Phil has inspired me to listen to Third Eye Blind lately, so I'll put that on there somewhere along wiht some Dashboard Confessional. While we are on the music topic, listen to Green Days new CD, American Idiot. It is very good.

While I'm at the UofI, there are some big things happening around town. Most importantly, there is a huge district game versus Manual this Friday. A win here would be huge and really help the Tigers run to the State Championship. Golf won the State Championship last week and the soccer and cross country teams both have a good shot at winning also. That would be really awesome. I will also have to miss out on the SHA dance this weekend. Unfortunately, I had to turn down Mary's invitation because of my already mentioned plans to visit Greg this weekend. I wish I could go to the dance because it would be a lot of fun and I have never been to a SHA dance before. Guess I'll have to go to the next one.

So now I will enlighten you on my past weekend. On Friday night, I headed down to the Waterfront with A, Justin, and Mike. We played Frisbee for a while wiht some totally random people we didn't know. We totally dominated the game. Then we played some football with some Trinty folk, and the outcome of the game was jsut like the other game. We won and I had an amazing TD catch. There is no doubt it was the Play of the Year. Now to Saturday, which was quite the odd experience. Here was the plan:

We were going to Waverly, and Kristen was giving me a ride. Kristen, two of her friends, and I were going to meet some of our other friends up there.

Here is how it happened:

We get there, but they are not there yet. Then we find out that the performance of a friend's band they were watching before they came was behind schedule. So here we are at Waverly, on Dixie Highway, and they are 35 minutes away and haven't left yet. So we decide we will wait for them. We spend the next hour listening to music, beating stuff with Kristen's field hockey stick, and other random stuff to pass the time. Eventually, we decided to sit on the top of Scott's van. The exact reason eludes me now. Maybe it was jsut because we were bored, or maybe we were trying to find the people we were meeting. So its been about an hour and half, there is no sign of the people we are meeting and te line is supposedly a couple hours long. Thats when we decided to leave. Our plan now is to head to Sonic for some food. Most of the time there is spent making fun of the wierd and scary epople that work at sonic. They probably heard us considering the door was open. So from there, we had no clue what to do. It was only 10:30, so we wanted to do something. Finally we jsut decided to come back here because it was the closest place. So for an hour or so me, kristen, and david played Mario Kart. hah. I went undeafeted. But Kristen also did amazingly well, coming in second 5 out of 7 times. It took David 6 times to not come in last place. And on Sunday, I got to meet A's foreign exchange student.

Well thats it. Leave me a comment cause I won't be in town for a while. Leave something, anything you'd like.


 


<< Home
Where is the Watch the Lamb, you ask? I don't really know. Maybe he will return fro Lent next year. For now, we have Sal the Silly Goose to keep us company. Put your hands to together for him and give him a warm welcome.
Look at all the Blogs!
Be sure to visit these blogs!

Theresa's Blog

Greg's Blog

Phil's Blog

Julie's Blog

Justin's Blog

Teresa's Blog

Old Blogs
If you missed a blog, come find it here!
07.2004 / 08.2004 / 09.2004 / 10.2004 / 11.2004 / 12.2004 / 01.2005 /


Powered by Blogger