Sal The Silly Goose
7.24.2004
|
  War Games Remember playing cops and robbers when you were a little kid? No matter how much fun it was, it always seemed to be missing that danger or risk that being a cop or robber takes. Today, I got to experience the closest thing to that feeling you get without doing the real thing. A group of 20 of my freinds headed up to play paintball in Indiana for Julies birthday. The missing piece from games of cops was added in: guns that actually shot bullets. One hit and your out. Now, you must play the game with a strategy and think before you make a move or your 'dead'. Though it doesn't hurt that bad, the sting of a paintball traveling 200-300 feet per second is uncomfortable. 

A few of the people had played before, but for the most of us it was the first time. We all got guns, bullets, and masks and headed out to play or first game. We divided our self in two even teams and entered the "Cowboys VS Indians" field. I was a cowboy and we manned the fort. The indians started out at the other end and ad only stacks of tires for cover. Nobody knew what they were doing this game and it was just used to get to know how to play. My team did win though.

The next game was played in a field filled with inflatble objects that provided cover. I staked myself out behind one of them for most of the game, but even thouhg I hit someone the balls didn't pop. Finally, I decided to move to a new spot and was pegged with a paintball in the upper chest. I was out. My team eventually lost. In the third game I advanced far into the enemy territory and took out one of the best players. My team won this one too.

Out of the 7 games we played, I was only eliminated three times. Once I was hit right on my trigger finger. Once you get out on the field, your adrenaline starts pumping and you really get into the game. It feels as if you are part of a war. Paintballs are buzzing past both sides of you, but you still must get up and aim to take an enemy out. Its what the game is all about. If you get hit, you are surpised and say ouch even though it doesn't really hurt. I guess its just a reaction. Some people got a ffew bruises, but overall we had a really good time. If your every have a group of friends who don't know what to do. Head up to Lanesville,Indiana and enjoy an exciting game of war.

 
 


<< Home
Where is the Watch the Lamb, you ask? I don't really know. Maybe he will return fro Lent next year. For now, we have Sal the Silly Goose to keep us company. Put your hands to together for him and give him a warm welcome.
Look at all the Blogs!
Be sure to visit these blogs!

Theresa's Blog

Greg's Blog

Phil's Blog

Julie's Blog

Justin's Blog

Teresa's Blog

Old Blogs
If you missed a blog, come find it here!
07.2004 / 08.2004 / 09.2004 / 10.2004 / 11.2004 / 12.2004 / 01.2005 /


Powered by Blogger